Friday, September 3, 2010

Where have all young dancers gone?

I received the following email from Dick Oates in July. The last two months have bee very busy with a serious illness and death in the family, so I haven't had time to post. I have been thinking about loss. With the loss of a life we lose more than can be expressed. Upon my recent visit to Santa Fe, there were dances that they had done in the past but we could not do because the people that led them were no longer dancing or had passed away. In essence the dances have died too.

Hi Folk Dancer!
I now have Santa Barbara Folk Dance Conference and San Diego State University Folk Dance Conference photos up on our website ( www.phantomranch.net ).
Please take a look at the photos and tell me the names of folks I've forgotten in the staff and committee photos.There are new Gandy Dancer photos, flyers, more names for the roster, performances, and a reunion article.Also, if you have other photos that I don't have, would you send them to me? I'll scan them and mail them back right away.
On another note, as many of you know, Bob Moriarty passed away. Isabelle Persh sent me several of the photos as she was cleaning out Bob Moriarty's files. She kept the photos of Bob. Unfortunately, she probably threw out those photos of Bob thinking they were trash, so she now has precious few photos of him.If you would send me any photos you have of Bob, I'll scan them, send them back, and send the scans to Isabelle. If you would like to send any photos of Bob directly to Isabelle (not wanting them back, of course), her address is: Isabelle Persh 3400 Ben Lomond Pl., Apt. 230 Los Angeles, CA 90027-2954 (323) 664-5500 perisha@aol.com

Thanks for listening!Cheers,
Dick Oakes13661 E. Marina Dr., Unit 109

No comments:

Post a Comment