Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Routine

This blog will focus on three aspects of Recreational International Dance.

I. The dances that are taught and or danced at our group each week.

Each week I video record the dances that are taught(there are over 500 clips for less than 1 year of videoing). After the teachers review the dances that they teach, I will post some of the instruction on this blog or a link to where it can be viewed for those who want to review the dance during the week. I will also browse the web to see if there is another example at another site. For example, Carnavalito was reviewed last week. A video can be found of it at http://www.dancilla.com/

The other dances that were taught or reviewed were Hora la Trei, Dhivartikos, Techot Rechka, Liljano Mome, and Dirlada. As of this posting, I have not found links to those dances.

II. Observations and suggestions about teaching movement, or just observations in general.

III. Progress updates on the BIRD Project

I encourage everyone to comment, correct, and post links for all of us folk dance lovers to investigate.

Thank you in advance to all who participate.

No comments:

Post a Comment